Monday, December 15, 2008

Letters to Marge (Chapter 2): Maverick's New Boss...

Hi there, Marge...

Time for a recess and put a lid on the history lesson for while. To the left is your "Official Maverick Company I.D. Card," which is/was printed on a standard issue PVC card just last weekend. (In case you ask, you were four days and four months old in the photo, but you're already one week shy of seven months right now as I write this...)

Your Uncle Pom breezed over to my desk at the store office and saw me printing this out. He said half-jokingly: "This is a waste of company resources."

Well, he's right. But I answered by saying: "What's life without a few pointless things?" He then smiled, shrugged, then went back to his cubicle.

My point? Have fun. Do things, make things, and say things if you think they're cute and might brighten up your day (or someone else's) for a few colorful moments. Long as you don't hurt anyone, or cost anyone anything... much.

Cheers, girl... the History Channel will be right back... (whether you like it or not.)

Love,

Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment